ARK Survival Evolved UPDATE: PS4 and Xbox One patch notes reveal big news
Developers Studio Wildcard has released a big ARK Survival Evolved update today on PS4 and Xbox One.
The changes might not be as noticeable as a new dino to tame but they could prove just as popular.
As confirmed in a recent blog post, the development team are looking to bring new quality of life improvements to ARK Survival Evolved.
This includes rebalancing certain aspects of gameplay to make it more enjoyable to tame and maintain a base.
And today’s ARK Survival update has started this process, making key adjustments on consoles.
It can be the little things that make all the difference, including lowering gasoline consumption rate by 50% on a number of important structures.
This is what has happened today, among other eye-catching tweaks for PS4 and Xbox One.
And Studio Wildcard are looking to make more improvements in the future, telling fans: “We realize there are many quality of life improvements you’d like to see added to the game.
“While we’ve introduced some of these quality of life changes lately, we realize there’s more you’d like to see. Continue to share your suggestions across our social media channels!
“We’ll be collecting information and updating our Quality of Life Catalog with any progress we make.”
And balance changes aren’t the only things added through today’s ARK Survival update.
Gamers will also notice that the latest HLN-A Explorer Notes are now available to find for the Genesis Chronicles.
And this includes being able to unlock the corrupted Avatar shirt and gloves for Genesis Chronicles too.
Studio Wildcard has also confirmed that a new enforcement initiative is being held this week to help weed out players violating the game’s code of conduct.
A message from Studio Wildcard confirms: “In an effort to maintain a healthy and fair playing environment, we will be conducting an enforcement initiative tomorrow, Tuesday, December 10.
“A number of servers will be unavailable during this enforcement window. A list of affected servers will be announced and pinned in the forums prior to the enforcement window.
“Enforcement Tips – Refresh yourself on the Code of Conduct, Report any activity that is in violation of the Code of Conduct, Be careful who you invite into your tribe, only invite those you trust.
“If you’re concerned someone in your tribe is in violation or has been in violation of the Code of Conduct, please submit a ticket with any questions you may have.”
Anyone wanting to know more about today’s ARK Survival Evolved will be pleased to hear that a fresh set of patch notes has been shared.
And you can find the full list of changes confirmed by Studio Wildcard below, including PS4 and Xbox One tweaks made today:
- Added HLN-A Explorer Notes 11-15 for Genesis Chronicles
- Added Corrupted Avatar shirt and gloves for Genesis Chronicles
- Reduced Plant Z flash range by 50%
- Plant Z Grenades weight reduced from 10 to 5
- Dedicated Storage weight reduced from 50 to 20
- Decreased cook time on the industrial grill by 50%
- Metal Cliff Platforms no longer take 50% less damage from explosive damage
- Shortened aberration earthquake duration by ~10%
- Shortened Scorched Earth sandstorm duration by ~15%
- Bronto should no longer be affected by knockback
- MEK pistol Damage reduced by 10%
- Fixed issue with Primitive+ creature spawning
- Lowered gasoline consumption rate by 50% on the following structures:
- Chemistry Bench
- Electrical Generator
- Industrial Cooker
- Industrial Forge
- Industrial Grill
- Industrial Grinder.
- Modified the stack size on various items:
- Veggie Cake 5 -> 10
- Raw Meat 20 -> 40
- Cooked Meat 30 -> 50
- Sap 20 -> 30
- Fiber 200 -> 300
- Thatch 100 -> 200
- Organic Polymer 10 -> 20
- Vacuum Compartment 100 -> 5
- Vacuum Compartment Moonpool 100 -> 5
- Modified the inventory slot size of various items:
- Industrial forge 60 -> 100
- Chemistry Bench 60 -> 100
- Fridge 48 -> 80
- Industrial Cooker 48 -> 80
- Preserving Bin 24 -> 48
- Mortar and Pestle 12 -> 24
- Refining Forge 8 -> 24
- Modified Drag weight of creatures to prevent carry by Quetz and Crab:
- Reduced stun duration on jellyfish and eels by 20%
- Wild eels 7 -> 5.6
- Tamed eels 1.5 -> 1.2
- Cnidaria 4 -> 3.2
Source: Read Full Article