Call of Duty Modern Warfare update: Good news and bad for Warzone fans on PS4 and Xbox
A new Call of Duty Modern Warfare update has been promised for August that could change things significantly in COD Warzone.
For now, gamers may have noticed a new weapon combo dominating around Verdansk, causing some unexpected outcomes.
This would be the FR 556 Assault Rifle in Call of Duty: Warzone, paired with the 12-Gauge Deputy Underbarrel Shotgun.
Gamers have noticed that while most shotguns have a limited fire range, this underbarrel has been buffed, something that was probably only intended for the assault rifle.
As you might expect, there has been plenty of feedback from fans regarding this bug or glitch, and it’s something that is causing issues in-game.
COD Warzone is being dominated by this new combo and it looks like things will be changing in the near future.
Activision and developers Infinity Ward, have confirmed that issues with the weapon have been noted and will be fixed across all platforms.
So the good news for many is that this unbalanced gameplay will be removed; the bad news reserved for those enjoying said exploit.
The only downside is that while we know this problem will soon be patched out, we don’t know exactly when this will happen.
The most recent message from Infinity Ward on the subject reads: “We’ve identified the issue with the FR 5.56 and are currently working on a fix.
“We’ll share more details as they become available. Thank you all for your patience.”
This was posted on Twitter on August 17, meaning it could be a few days until the next patch is released.
But it will be worth keeping an eye out over the coming days, as hotfixes are usually released between Thursdays and Saturdays.
The last title update was released on August 14 and brought its own unique problems to the game for some.
While not a massive issues for most, the Warzone download that went live during the weekend was a whopping 66GB on Xbox One.
Meanwhile, PS4 and PC gamers only had to download a patch that was around 1GB in size.
“Today’s update addresses a few bugs, but primarily fixes the issue of weapon models corrupting on screen, making it difficult to play,” Infinity Ward explained at the time.
“We appreciate everyone in the community for their bug reporting and all of the details you sent us regarding this issue, so thank you again for your support and for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue.
“(due to an unforeseen bug with the Microsoft patch delivery process, this download requires Xbox users to redownload files they already have, but it does NOT impact the overall install size. We’re working closely with Microsoft to ensure future updates are smaller in size.) “
Here’s what the Modern Warfare update changed in-game across PS4, Xbox and PC:
- Fix for weapon models (sights and weapons picked up) corrupting on screen
- Fix for an error that could occur when selecting “Play Again” option in Warzone
- Fixed a bug where players could use the rope ascender through a closed door in Downtown
- Fixed an issue where the world model of the Common AUG was appearing invisible in Warzone
- The increased map counts in our playlists caused some maps to not appear in playlist rotations. To help them appear more regularly, we’re removing the following maps from each mode listed below:
- Headquarters – Removing Arklov Peak and Shipment
- Kill Confirmed -Removing Aniyah Incursion
- Cyber Attack – Removing Aniyah Incursion
- Hardpoint – Removing Piccadilly and Aniyah Incursion
- Search and Destroy – Removing Rust.
Source: Read Full Article