Genshin Impact: Pro Tips For Playing As Diluc
Genshin Impact was released with five normal banned five-stars. Diluc was one of these, and in the first few months of the game’s release, players were throwing away hundreds of dollars on trying to pull Diluc. Before Ganyu’s release, Diluc was considered by many players to be the most powerful character in the game, and some players still believe that he is the hardest hitting.
Diluc runs that bar Angel’s Share in the game, where he sneaks out at night to fight abyss mages. He is a pyro claymore user who is built to be a primary DPS and pairs well with many of the game’s support cast.
Diluc, along with more other claymore users, are designed to deal massive damage to enemies. The downside is that they are a bit slower than other classes in the game like polearms and sword users. While even his C0 form is powerful, those who have his constellations know how much Diluc’s attack makes up for his lack of speed.
- C1 – Enemies have more than 50% health will be dealt 15% more damage by Diluc.
- C2 – When an enemy lands a hit on Diluc, he gets a 10% increase in attack and attack speed that can stack up to three times. This effect lasts for 10 seconds and can only occur every 1.5 seconds.
- C3 – Searing Onslaught can now be leveled up to level 15.
- C4 – Casting Searing Onslaught along with your combo ups its damage. Additionally, waiting two seconds between casting searing onslaught will increase the next one’s attack power by 40%.
- C5 – Dawn can now be leveled up to level 15.
- C6 – After using Searing Onslaught, Diluc’s next two normal attacks will gain a 30% buff to attack and attack speed.
Getting Dilucs constellations can help him to attack even faster, making him one of the best DPS characters currently in the game. Players should keep in mind that Diluc is on a banner with five other five stars and no guaranteed pity pull making him much harder than normal to pull constellations for. Those playing Diluc should focus on building him up without relying on the chance of pulling him multiple times.
There are several artifact sets that can help increase his attack and elemental resonance that can be obtained from domains and bosses. In addition, players should focus on trying to find a claymore that can complement his abilities. When Diluc is built right and used in tandem with elemental reactions, he becomes one of the most fierce DPS characters in the game, even at C0.
One of the things that can make or break Diluc is who the player decides to partner him with. Pyro is an elemental type that reacts with cryo, hyrdo, and electro. From fights with dendro enemies, many players also believe that pyro will have a future burning reaction with the missing element.
It’s up to players to place characters on his team that can work alongside his elemental skill and burst in order to deal more damage. This is especially useful when Diluc uses his burst, which sends a flaming bird flying across the field, giving the player a chance to kill multiple enemies.
With that being said, it’s also important to remember that while Diluc isn’t as squishy as catalyst or bow users, he usually isn’t built as a tank. Diluc does best when accompanied by a healer, especially Qiqi, since the pair can deal melt damage to enemies. Diluc will need to be healed quite frequently when used as a main. Having a character that can provide a shield can also help him stay on the field for longer.
Choosing Diluc’s Support
As mentioned above, building a proper team for Diluc is crucial to use him properly. Along with a healer, he can benefit from a shield and any characters that are able to react with pyro.
- Barbara – Can heal Diluc and apply the wet status to enemies.
- Qiqi – Can heal Diluc while applying cryo to enemies off-field with her burst and elemental skill.
- Fischl – Can summon Oz, who constantly hits opponents with electro damage; this works incredibly well with Dilucs burst.
- Xingqiu – Xingqiu summons water swords that will attack at the same time Diluc does.
- Zhongli – Zhongli can put up an impressively strong jade shield and provide damage pulsing pillars for cover.
- Ganyu – Ganyu can draw enemies’ attention by summoning a cryo lotus, and her burst releases a large AoE field where cryo icicles constantly fall.
- Beidou – Beidou can summon a circling electro attack with her burst.
- Lisa – Lisa can summon a lantern that deals electro damage with her burst.
- Chongyun – Chongyun’s burst summons cryo talismans that fall to the ground dealing cryo damage.
- Kaeya – Kaeya’s burst summons ice swords that will rotate around Diluc, dealing cryo damage.
- Mona – Mona can control the field with her burst and send out a pulsing hydro talisman with her elemental skill.
Keep in mind that you will need to practice with Diluc in order to get reaction timing down with both his burst and elemental skill.
Next: Genshin Impact: Every Domain and What There Rewards Are
- Genshin Impact
Jess has been writing for clients all around the world for years. From companies in Japan to being featured on The Kim Komando Show, Jess has prided herself in expressing her love for gaming. Her favorite console is the Nintendo 64 and she revels in replaying through Paper Mario and Megaman Legends. When not fighting Reaverbots she can be found gushing over the newest JRPGs or watching seasonal anime with her furless cat Noko.
Source: Read Full Article