Overwatch 2 Season 7 update PATCH NOTES – Sombra rework, balance changes, more
Season 7 of Overwatch 2 is about to begin on PS5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. Featuring a crossover with Diablo, plus the return of the Halloween Terror limited-time game modes, the spooky new Overwatch 2 season is titled Rise of Darkness. The new Overwatch 2 season has an October 10 release date and a 6pm BST UK launch time. Needless to say, the new season launches alongside a big new update, which makes a ton of balance changes, bug fixes and gameplay tweaks.
As you can see from the early patch notes below, this includes a big rework for Sombra.
Sombra will receive a brand new ability kit, including a brand new Virus ability, which is a “skill shot that deals damage over time to the target it hits and does double impact damage along with the damage over time at a faster rate if they are already hacked”.
Roadhog, meanwhile, will have increased ability to protect his team and claim space, while maintaining his identity and playstyle.
Elsewhere, the Route 66 map will be updated to provide better cover for the attacking team to exit their initial spawn area.
Finally, expect big changes to be made to characters such as Mei, Zarya, Orisa, Ramattra, Wrecking Ball, Cassidy, Torbjorn, Brigitte, Roadhog and Illari.
Express Online will return with full Overwatch 2 patch notes when the Season 7 update goes live. In the meantime, check out the early patch notes below.
OVERWATCH 2 SEASON 7 UPDATE EARLY PATCH NOTES
SOMBRA NEW ABILITY KIT…
• Machine Pistol
– Short-range automatic weapon.
• EMP Ultimate
– Deal damage to all nearby enemies equal to a percentage of current health, hacking them and destroying barriers around you.
• Stealth Passive
– When out of combat, become invisible and move faster
• Hack Ability
– Hold to hack. Hacked enemies cannot use abilities and can be seen through walls. Hacked health packs spawn faster and can’t be used by enemies. Taking damage interrupts the hack attempt.
• Virus Ability
– Infect enemies with a projectile that deals damage over time. Virus damages hacked enemies at a faster rate.
• Translocator Ability
– Throw a beacon and teleport to it. Stealth cooldown is reduced after teleporting.
ROADHOG MIDSEASON CHANGES
• Increase his ability to protect his team and claim space
• Maintain his overall identity and playstyle
• Move some of his power around so that his effectiveness isn’t so tied to his one-shot potential
ROUTE 66 CHANGES
• Better protection for attackers to exit their initial spawn.
• As you push the Payload past the first checkpoint, the doors will now malfunction and only close part way, giving attackers more options to work through the difficult choke points.
• Defenders will have more options to stop attacking teams from capping the final checkpoint as some of the cargo is now removed in the Deadlock Gang’s lair.
• You’ll also be able to cool off with new overcast lighting for the map.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Source: Read Full Article