PS Plus Free Game BONUS: A PS4 download for Apex Legends you don’t want to miss
The new Apex Legends PS Plus pack contains two new character skins (Lifeline and Mirage), two banners also for the same characters, and two weapon skins (Eva-8 and R-99).
But we strongly advise picking this up sooner rather than later. We’re not messing around.
Why? Well because it’s not going to be available forever, and as a matter of fact it seems as though the pack may have replaced the existing Apex Legends PS Plus pack that was previously available to redeem.
• Read More – Don’t Forget to Download Overcooked! and What Remains of Edith Finch on PS Plus in May
That pack, released back in March, contained “two PlayStation-themed weapon camos for the Flatline and RE45” – a nice little start to the collection of many, many skins for the heroes and guns in the game.
On top of this, it also had exclusive character colours and banners for playable characters Gibraltar and Bloodhound.
This doesn’t appear to be available on the PSN store from what we can see.
So in short. If you play Apex Legends on PS4 and want some cool free stuff, grab it now, because it won’t be around forever.
In other news for Apex Legends fans, there’s a major new update coming to the game “early next week” although from the May 17 Reddit post it’s unclear exactly when that will arrive.
It could be Monday, May 20 or Tuesday, May 21. You can be sure we’ll be updating you on details when it does arrive, mind.
On top of simply announcing that the update is coming, Respawn has provided some patch notes to outline some of the major changes the game will see introduce.
It’s unclear if these are the only changes and patch notes, or if other fixes are also on the way. Either way, you can find a full breakdown of those changes just below.
Apex Legends Next Update – Patch Notes
AUDIO FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
One of our biggest issues to tackle was improving the audio performance to address issues reported of sounds dropping out, sounds missing for extended time, or distortion for a period of time. We have made improvements both in our code and with our content that will hopefully fix these issues for many players, and for others, at least lower the amount and length of time they encounter audio issues.
We have also addressed some of the other mix issues with the game, including increasing the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps and lowering the overall volume of the game from the character select screen to the end of the drop sequence. We will continue to monitor mix issues and address them as necessary. Below are the notes of improvements we’ve included in today’s patch and we’re continuing to work on future improvements.
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
Apex Legends Next Update – Patch Notes Continued
FIX FOR LIFELINE “PICK ME UP” BANNER BUG ON PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will be re-enabling the banner after the patch is live.
- NOTE: We made changes to client and backend to address this and it’ll take a little time to take full effect. We’re expecting the error to resolve within a few hours after the patch is live.
[PC ONLY] CRASHES SPECIFIC TO INTEL CPUs
We investigated the crash reports from many people who were crashing frequently and found that Intel CPUs sometimes were not executing the instructions properly in one particular function. A common example was an instruction that only reads a register crashed on writing to invalid memory. With the help of many forum users, we found that lowering the clock speed always fixed the crashes, even if the CPU wasn’t overclocked or overheating. Thanks everyone, with a big shout out to Falkentyne, TEZZ0FIN0, JorPorCorTTV and MrDakk!
This has been by far the most commonly reported PC crash over the last month or so and we’ve notified Intel about the issue. In the meantime, we’ve put a workaround in this patch to avoid the crashing at your original clock speeds just by changing the instructions used by that one function. Please continue to send your crash logs to our forums so we can analyze and fix any issues you encounter!
ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES AND CHANGES
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Admittedly it’s been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control. Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
- We have identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until we can address the issues. Thank you for your patience
- PS Plus
- PS4 News
How to download Apex Legends on PS4, Xbox One and PC Origin:
• Follow the link to see the game on the Origin PC store – APEX ORIGIN
• Xbox players, you can either follow this link – APEX XBOX – or head to your Xbox One, navigate to the store and either click on the Apex Legends tile you’ll see on the homescreen, or search ‘Apex’ in the bar… it’ll come up as one of the first options
Finally, PlayStation fans can head over to the link at APEX PLAYSTATION STORE, or you can boot up PlayStation store on your console and type Apex in the search bar and download it from there.
Apex Legends download size is roughly 22GB on the base PS4 and Xbox One models (the 4k texture packs bump that number up a little bit on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro).
The PC version of the game is 12.7GB. But best of all, you can still link Apex Legends Steam account.
For anyone wondering where the Apex Legends Nintendo Switch download link is, there isn’t one. Although it sounds like there could be a Switch release in the future, it is only available on PS4, Xbox One and Origin for the time being.
Source: Read Full Article