PUBG Mobile 1.8 update release date and download time news
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Kafton has confirmed that its new PUBG Mobile 1.8 update will start rolling out today, January 12.
This might catch a few fans off guard, as most were expecting the big patch to arrive nearer the end of the week.
But a new message from the development team confirms that PUBG Mobile update 1.8 downloads will start to roll out today, followed by new features going live on January 14.
The latest message from the Krafton team reveals that Spider-Man will be playing an active role over the coming months as part of the new update, with a new statement explaining:
“PUBG MOBILE will be pushing out updates starting from January 12, 11:00 (UTC +0). The server will not be taken offline for this update. Please ensure that you update the game in a suitable network environment and have enough space on your phone.
“See Spider-Man Swing Into The Zone in NYC on January 12! Stay tuned for the big update on January 14.”
This means that PUBG fans could see the new 1.8 update land as downloadable content on their devices starting today but won’t get access to everything it includes until the end of the week.
Krafton has confirmed that PUBG Mobile 1.8 includes a lot of new content, including a fresh classic mode map named Aftermath.
This will be part of the new list of Unkaked modes you can play with the launch of update 1.8, and will feature a different version of Livik, which has been transformed by Bombs and volcanic eruptions.
“With the advancement of science and technology, all firearms have been modified to have an AC Core Module, which makes them easier to aim and control. At the same time, the new scope makes it easier to aim with the crosshair. We hope these changes will make shooting fun at all times in the game.
“Reduced the size of the urban area & the density of the Playzone in the new map to make it easier to discover enemies. Characters are equipped with Tactical Glasses by default, which shows players the damage dealt by firearms.”
Other changes can be found below and include the following features, modes and gameplay options:
PUBG Mobile unveils new Royale Pass Season 12
PUBG MOBILE 1.8 PATCH NOTES
Basic Mechanics Improvements
- – Added a feature that allows players to continue swimming in a near-death state, but their swimming speed will be reduced.
- – Added the Hit Marker feature: After this is enabled, whenever a player or a teammate hits an enemy, a marker is automatically generated where they are hit.
- – Added a map marker feature that can be used during the jump phase. When this is enabled, tapping the map during the jump phase will place a mark there directly and make a pillar of light appear at the location.
- – Added an auto-jump feature. After this is enabled, players will automatically jump in the direction of a marker that has been placed on the map.
- – MG3: Modified the default shooting mode to 660 RPM; Recoil: +10%.
- – M16A4: Added a tracer effect to bullets; Recoil: -10%.
- – MK47: Added a tracer effect to bullets; Recoil: -10%.
Firearm Mechanism Adjustment
– Fixed an issue that caused a random deviation in the firearm shooting direction and center of the crosshair, and an issue that caused a slight difference in the scattering value of firearms, when shooting without scoping in under different screen resolutions.
- – Metro Royale: Reunion will be back for a limited time from January 24, 02:00 (UTC +0). Adjusted the entry criteria to Lv. 10. Players must link to a social network account to enter Metro Royale.
- – Payload 2.0 will be back from January 26, 02:00 (UTC +0) and will remain available.
- React Survival to be shut down. We will shut down React Survival mode at 23:59 (UTC +0) on January 10, 2022.
Basic Security Content
- We have completely overhauled the Merit system to create a better gaming environment.
- – We have improved the Merit rules to safeguard a good gaming environment, and to reward players who have maintained high Merit for a long time with High Merit Player Rewards.
- – We have comprehensively improved the detection rules for violations to make punishment more severe for malicious actions.
- – Added the Merit System screen on the Profile page. This can be used to view the Merit rules, changes to the Merit score in the last month, and players’ current Merit and the corresponding effects.
Secure Matchmaking Separation
- To maintain a fair competitive environment, all players who are suspected of cheating will be placed under safety observation for a more comprehensive security inspection:
- (1) Players can only play Solo Classic Mode TPP.
- (2) Players will not receive any earnings from matches, trigger achievement rules, or be included in rankings.
- (3) Players can’t join teams, rooms, or tournaments, or use other game features like spectating.
Report Feature Improvements
- – Added a new report feature that can be used in matches.
- – Players can use the in-match pop-up window to quickly and conveniently report players who harm or eliminate them in matches.
- – Added a report feature to the Career Stats screen to report players who eliminated you.
Game Interfaces Improvements
Lobby screen improvements:
- – Moved the Cheer Park location to Mode Selection.
- – Moved the Brother in Arms location to the Team-up Lobby.
- – Moved the subscription location to Purchases.
- – Improved the locations of monetized events and activity events.
- – Made more layout improvements in the bottom-right corner.
Royale Pass Month 7: Royale Guard – From January 18, 02:00 (UTC +0) to February 17, 23:59 (UTC +0).
- Come and get the Desert Warrior Set! The themed M16A4, DP28, UZI, and 2-Seat Motorcycle finishes are now available.
- New system to lighten the load on players: Players will have a point limit that increases every week, and there will also be more missions for players to complete.
- Removed RP game time: Removed separate RP game time requirements and merged the points that were given out as rewards to new challenge missions.
Source: Read Full Article