Red Dead Online Halloween: Pass 2 release date, launch time and update news
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Rockstar Games has announced its new Red Dead Online Halloween event has started and later this week will see the arrival of the new Halloween Pass 2.
But there is plenty of other stuff being planned, including a very spooky Call to Arms that includes battling against waves of strange adversaries.
There’s been no word on whether the Undead will be making an appearance in other forms this month, but we do know that there will be plenty of Tricks and Treats for those logging in.
A message from Rockstar Games provides more details on the modes being added to the game this week, telling fans:
“There are reports of new clashes at various settlements coming across the wire: telegrams read in hushed tones about confrontations with these strange and unsettling adversaries. Protecting the freeholds of Armadillo, Butcher Creek, Shady Belle, and Bolger Glade from attack in the seasonal All Hallows’ Call to Arms modes will earn you a pretty penny, namely 2X RDO$, Gold, and XP.
“These macabre standoffs include alligators and cougars hungry for flesh, and a supernatural ghost train haunting the town of Armadillo. Players who hold out and survive to the tenth wave of any All Hallows’ Call to Arms mode will be rewarded with 2,000 Club XP to redeem on the Halloween Pass 2.
“The same 2X Gold, RDO$, and XP bonus also applies to this week’s featured series, the seasonally appropriate Dead of Night — where four teams must compete for kills in a fight against the never-ending tide of The Dead. Completing any Dead of Night mode and emerging from the bloodbath this week will land you a Reward for a free Ability Card of your choosing.
“Both these seasonal modes feature a Night Stalker Mask that allows you to access supernatural powers and strengths beyond the limits of mere humanity. Use it wisely — if you dare.”
Red Dead Online: Rockstar Games tease 'Halloween Pass'
WHEN DOES RED DEAD ONLINE HALLOWEEN START?
Rockstar Games has confirmed that the Red Dead Online Halloween Pass 2 will be released on Thursday, October 28.
No set time has been announced for its arrival but it will likely be part of a bigger update going live at around 9am BST.
The Halloween Pass 2 is a purchasable, limited-time upgrade that adds new rewards spread across 15 ranks.
The Halloween Pass 2 will run until November 22 and boasts a number of new cosmetic items, including masks to help conceal your identity, new clothing items stained with the blood of past crimes, and accessories sure to inspire terror in your victims.
Players who purchased all four instalments of The Quick Draw Club will receive a Reward to get the Halloween Pass 2 for free. This week, all players who own the Halloween Pass 2 will be rewarded with a free Stable Slot and a select Shirt (up to Rank 15).
More highlights from this week’s update include:
- Double RDO$, Gold, and XP on All Hallows’ Call to Arms modes
- Halloween Pass 2 coming October 28 featuring all-new Clothing, Masks, and Accessories
- Free Stable Slot and a select Shirt for all Halloween Pass 2 owners
- 2,000 Club XP to redeem on the Halloween Pass 2 for surviving to the tenth wave of any All Hallows’ Call to Arms mode
- Reward for a free Ability Card for completing Dead of Night
- Madame Nazar’s limited time collection of Masks: The Slaughter Mask, Creature Mask, Horror Mask, Swing Mask, Free Mask, and Masquerade Mask now for sale
- 10 free Snowberger Candies and 5 free Chocolate Bars for logging into Red Dead Online this week
- Discounts: 50% off Haircuts, Dentistry, and Makeup, 40% off Gun Belts and Melee Weapons, 35% off all Role Outfits, 30% off all Emotes and everything at Gus’ Store, 5 Gold Bars off the Bandit Mask
- Prime Gaming Benefits: Red Dead Online players who connect their Rockstar Games Social Club account to Prime Gaming through November 22 will get a Reward for a free Accessory and an Offer for 50% off a Non-Role Multi Horse.
- Double RDO$ and XP on featured series: Dead of Night.
Source: Read Full Article