Story Of Seasons: Pioneers Of Olive Town – Olive Town Mystery Files Walkthrough
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town has just received its first batch of DLC from its expansion pass, adding a host of new outfits for your character, as well as for your potential marriage candidates. Additionally, a new town scenario has been added — “Olive Town Mystery Files”.
If you have the expansion pass content installed, you will have access to the previously mentioned content straight away. To begin the new sub-scenario, simply head into Olive Town and you will immediately be greeted with a cutscene with the mayor asking for your help to solve some spooky occurrences in town.
Begining the Olive Town Mystery Files Case
Note: If the new scenario is not appearing despite being installed, you will need to develop Olive Town further by completing special Town Hall requests.
On entering Olive Town, the mayor will greet you and enlist your help to solve some mysterious happenings in town. Mikey and Cindy will show up and join in the fun too. The mayor notes that there are four mysteries that have happened in town:
- A cryptic circle has appeared in the play park.
- A strange fish person has been seen on the beach.
- An ominous shadow has appeared on the wall of the Gull’s Rest.
- A terrible presence has frightened every animal that comes into contact with it.
Mikey and Cindy suggest tackling the cryptic circle first, so head over to the children’s play park on the west side of Olive Town.
The Cryptic Circle
When you enter the play park, you’ll automatically enter into a cutscene where you bump into Jack who is pretty scared because of the sudden appearance of the circle. After some discussion, they will ask you what you think caused the circle. Your options are:
- “Beats me.”
- “Someone playing a prank?”
- “Some kind of natural phenomenon?”
Regardless of what you choose, Mikey will declare that aliens must be responsible for the circle and that some yogurt made from cow’s milk must be taste-tested as aliens are known to abduct cows.
This will add a new “Mystery Files” request on the Town Hall request board:
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Yogurt
- You can make yogurt by processing Milk or Buffalo Milk through a Yoghurt Maker. (These can be crafted with 3x Solid Lumber and 3x Iron Ingot once you have reached Animal Care Level Three.)
Afterward, make sure you hand the yogurt in via the Town Hall requests board. Once you’ve handed it in, you’ll need to wait until the next day to progress the mystery case file.
Enter Olive Town after 08:00 AM for a new cutscene where Mikey and Cindy will confirm the yogurt was too tasty to have come from an abducted cow. At this point, Patricia will appear and explain that the circle was caused by frightened animals running around the park. However, that adds the new question of what scared the animals?
Patricia will ask that you repair the fence where the animals escaped from, which will add two new “Mystery Files” Town Hall requests:
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Fodder Seed
- Fodder Seeds can be purchased from the General Store during Spring, Summer, and Autumn.
- Alternatively, they can be obtained by processing Fodder through a Seed Maker. (These can be crafted with 5x Supple Lumber, 5x Gold Ingot, and 10x Wood Charcoal once you have reached Fieldwork Level Six.)
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Lumber
- You can get some Lumber by cutting down some trees for Logs and processing them through a Lumber Maker. (These can be crafted with 10x Logs once you have reached Logging Level Two.)
Once again, once you’ve handed in the requested items, you need to wait until the next day and then enter Olive Town after 08:00 am.
Strange Fish Person
On entering Olive Town, Marcos will approach you to say that he has seen the strange fish person. Mikey and Cindy will appear and ask you what you think it could be. Your choices are:
- “No clue.”
- “A trick of the light.”
- “A film shoot?”
Whatever you choose, Misaki will appear and say she recently cooked up a strange deep-sea fish and wonders whether it is related to the strange fish-person mystery. Anticipating a large-scale fish-person invasion seeking revenge, Mikey and Cindy want you to build a barrier to protect them.
This adds a new Town Hall request.
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Solid Lumber
- You can get some Solid Lumber by cutting down some trees in the second farm area for Solid Logs and processing them through a Lumber Maker. (These can be crafted with 10x Logs once you have reached Logging Level Two.)
After handing in the item for the request, wait until the next day and enter Olive Town after 08:00 am.
Once you enter into Olive Town, a cutscene will play where Jacopo reveals that he was the fish-person. He was sent flying into the ocean and by the time he emerged, he was covered in seaweed. But what sent him flying into the ocean?
Jacopo asks for some Hot Milk as he has a cold from being in the ocean. This adds a new Mystery Files request at Town Hall:
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Hot Milk
- You can make Hot Milk in your kitchen once you have upgraded your house at least once. You need to have reached Cooking Skill level four in order to have unlocked this recipe. You will need some Milk to make Hot Milk, this can be obtained by milking happy cows.
After handing in the Hot Milk for the request, wait until the next day and enter Olive Town after 08:00 am.
Your next automatic cutscene will have Beth telling you that she saw a strange shadow on the wall of the Gull’s Rest Hotel but that it has since vanished. Mikey and Cindy will ask you what you think it might have been. Your choices are as follows:
- “No idea.”
- “Cindy, behind you…”
Regardless of your choice, Cindy will recommend an exorcism and that you’ll need some perfume to scare the ghosts away.
This will add a new Mystery Files request in Town Hall:
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Floral Perfume
- In order to make Floral Perfume, you’ll first need some essence, which you can make by processing flowers through an Essence Maker. (This can be crafted with 3x Silver Ingot and 5x Glass once you have reached Communication skill level five.) You’ll need 3x Floral Essence in total.
- You then need to head to Nguyen’s Flower Shop and choose the “Make Perfume” option to create some Floral Perfume.
Hand in the Floral Perfume at the Olive Town Hall request board, then wait until the next day and enter Olive Town after 08:00 am.
When you enter Olive Town, the automatic cutscene will have you bumping into Jason who will explain that while he was painting the hotel, he fell into the wall and that was what caused the strange shadow that people saw. But what pushed him into the wall?
Jason will ask for materials to help fix up the wall, adding three new Mystery Files Town Hall requests:
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Mortar
- You can make Mortar using 2x Clay, which can be obtained by draining puddles with the bucket tool. The recipe for Mortar is available at Draining skill level one.
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x White Dye
- You can make some White Dye by processing a white-colored flower (daisy or lily) in a Dye Maker. (This can be crafted with 3x Iron Ore and 3x Silver Ore once you have Fieldwork level five.)
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Brick
- You can make bricks by processing Clay through a Brick Maker. (This can be crafted using 5x Mortar and 5x Iron Ore once you have reached Draining level three.)
Once you’ve handed in all three requests, wait until the next day and return to Olive Town after 08:00 am.
Your next cutscene will have Patricia telling you that a foul stench scared the animals. Mikey and Cindy will ask where you think the smell is coming from, your options are:
- “I dunno.”
- “Maybe it’s the salt air from the ocean?”
- “Must’ve come from some flowers.”
Regardless of which option you pick, Mikey will deduce that there must be a smelly monster nearby.
Mikey decides that you need to make a sneeze bomb to attack the monster, which adds three new Mystery Files requests:
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Pepper
- You can create Pepper by processing Peppercorn through a Seasoning Maker. (This can be crafted using 5x Solid Lumber and 2x Iron Ingot once you reach Cooking skill level three.)
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Twine
- Twine can be crafted using Grass, the recipe for this is available once you reach Reaping skill level two.
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Tough Cloth
- To make some Tough Cloth, you’ll first need to harvest some Tough Grass from the third farm area.
- Using a Thread Maker, you can convert the Tough Grass into Tough Thread. (You can craft this Maker Machine using 10x Twine and 10x Log once you reach Reaping skill level three.)
- Once you have Tough Thread, use a Textile Maker to process it into Tough Cloth. (This Maker Machine can be crafted using 3x Thread and 5x Iron Ingot once you reach Reaping skill level four.)
After handing in all three requests, wait until the next day and then head back into Olive Town after 08:00 am.
When you re-enter Olive Town, Lars will join up with you, Mikey, and Cindy to help you track down the foul stench. Lars tells you the smell came from the Bistro and was likely the result of Misaki having a cooking mishap.
However, all this talk of food has made Lars hungry and so he requests the following:
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Egg Sandwich
- You can craft an Egg Sandwich in the kitchen in your house once you have upgraded your home at least once. You’ll need 1x Egg and 1x Bread to make this. Eggs can be obtained from chickens. Bread is a meal you must also cook in your kitchen and requires flour. This can be made by processing Wheat through a Powder Maker. (This can be created with 3x Silver Ingots once you reach Fieldwork level four.)
Mystery File Town Hall Request: 1x Vegetable Salad
- You can craft a Vegetable Salad in your kitchen once you have upgraded your home at least once. You just need any two vegetables in order to craft this.
After handing in both Mystery Files requests, leave Olive Hall and a cutscene will automatically play.
The strange smell is back and you track it down to the Bistro where Misaki has made a deep-sea fish dish for Lovett. A few scenes will play out, resolving all of the town’s mysteries.
As a reward for all of your hard work solving the town’s many mysteries, you will be rewarded with the Detective’s Outfit. It must be ordered from the Beauty Salon like any other clothes and collected the next day, however, both hat and body piece cost nothing to make.
Next: Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town Complete Guide And Walkthrough
- Story Of Seasons
- Pioneers of Olive Town
Meg appreciates gaming on all formats but primarily spends her time achievement hunting to the extreme. Her passion for gaming began as a child when first introduced to the Amstrad.
Source: Read Full Article