Xbox Series X NEW game reveal: Next-gen gameplay a welcome distraction during isolation
Xbox Series X fans are about to get their first taste of next-gen gameplay.
It’s all courtesy of Dynamic Voltage Games, the team behind puzzle adventure game Pirates of First Star and 2D shooter Final Star.
According to a recent post on Twitter, Dynamic Voltage Games will debut next-gen gameplay later this week.
“Later this coming week I will be debuting gameplay for my first Xbox Series XX exclusive – which will be native 4K and 120fps,” reads a Twitter post.
“That’s the good news. The bad news is I can’t even capture 4k/120.”
With millions of people in lockdown due to Coronavirus, a bit of next-gen gameplay will come as a welcome distraction.
Obviously we’re not expecting something on the same scale of Halo Infinite or a new Gears of War, but it’s still an exciting prospect.
With the Xbox Series X release date creeping up fast – depending on Coronavirus, of course – Microsoft recently outlined the console’s specs.
In a post on Xbox Wire, the company confirmed that the console would be defined by three primary characteristics: power, speed and compatibility.
The console will support hardware accelerated DirectX Raytracing for improved lighting and visuals, as well as an SSD for speedier loading.
According to the blog post, existing games will also be upgradable for Xbox Series X, and with relative ease.
Xbox Series X specs in full…
• CPU 8x Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.6 GHz w/ SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU
• GPU 12 TFLOPS, 52 CUs @ 1.825 GHz Custom RDNA 2 GPU
• Die Size 360.45 mm2
• Process 7nm Enhanced
• Memory 16 GB GDDR6 w/ 320b bus
• Memory Bandwidth 10GB @ 560 GB/s, 6GB @ 336 GB/s
• Internal Storage 1 TB Custom NVME SSD
• I/O Throughput 2.4 GB/s (Raw), 4.8 GB/s (Compressed, with custom hardware decompression block)
• Expandable Storage 1 TB Expansion Card (matches internal storage exactly)
• External Storage USB 3.2 External HDD Support
• Optical Drive 4K UHD Blu-Ray Drive
• Performance Target 4K @ 60 FPS, Up to 120 FPS
Source: Read Full Article