Horizon Zero Dawn Addresses More Crashes On PC With Patch 1.02
As promised by developer Guerrilla Games last week, a new update is now available for Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, with the full patch notes found below. Patch 1.02 follows Friday’s 1.01 release by addressing more of the game’s crashes, performance, and graphical issues.
The patch fixes two specific crashes related to the game’s shader optimisation process. One fixes an issue where some players would crash during the “game optimisation” screen upon launching Horizon Zero Dawn, while another addresses a crash that would occur if you updated your video drivers after the game was already optimised previously.
There are also fixes for crashes that would happen during gameplay due to memory being incorrectly overwritten and a texture unstreaming bug. Aside from this, patch 1.02 introduces a few performance and optimisation fixes as well. Performance has been improved when the game is auto-saving, reducing the likelihood of dropped frames and microstuttering, and character facial animations have been fixed so they’re not out of sync when running the game above 30fps.
A follow-up to Horizon Zero Dawn, called Horizon Forbidden West, is coming to PS5 in 2021. It follows after the events of Zero Dawn and sees Aloy exploring new territory ranging from Utah to San Francisco. Sony promises the speed of the PS5 SSD will allow players to experience the game with almost no load times. No plans have been announced for a PC port.
Horizon Zero Dawn PC 1.02 Full Patch Notes
- Some players are experiencing an out of memory error during the game optimization process.
- Some players are experiencing GPU-related hangs during gameplay. The improved diagnostic data collection added in Patch 1.01 and Patch 1.02 is aimed at making it easier to track these down.
- Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering or HDR not working correctly.
- Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
- Some players with a non-Latin-1 codepage may have had their save games missing after Patch 1.01, we have a script that can help relocate the missing save games. Please reach out to our team here using “Report Other Issue” for support.
- We’re aware of and continue to investigate issues on both the player-compiled lists by u/EvilMonkeySlayer and u/Rampage572 – thank you!
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash during their first game boot when the “game optimization” screen is active and they ran out of disc space.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash if they updated their video drivers after the game was already optimized previously.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash during gameplay because of memory incorrectly being overwritten.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash during gameplay due to a texture unstreaming bug.
- Improved performance when auto-saving (e.g. when completing a quest step).
- Fixed an issue where some players experienced that V-sync wouldn’t properly turn off in borderless mode
- Fixed an issue where some players experienced out of sync facial animations due to them being locked at 30FPS.
- Reduced memory used when streaming shaders.
- Improved crash report flow and messaging. Each crash now includes an identifier you can use to communicate with our Customer Support.
- Added more features to improve diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.
Source: Read Full Article