Infinity Ward has nerfed Modern Warfare’s broken shotgun three times now
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s 725 shotgun is truly incredible. Not only did it dominate the first couple of weeks of the game’s multiplayer, but it’s now on its third round of nerfs. In the latest Modern Warfare patch, released on Tuesday morning, Infinity Ward has taken yet another shot at nerfing the game’s most stubborn weapon.
This time around the nerfs to the 725 are significant, or at least they should be. The gun, which first earned its reputation for being over-powered when players noticed you could use it to snipe across an entire map, is getting another range damage reduction. This time instead of just the basic stats, Infinity Ward is also tweaking how much attachments can affect the range damage of the weapon. The 725 is also getting a larger spread when fired from the hip, and reduced hip-fire damage.
Will this be enough to stop half the players in every match from using the gun? Based on its history, probably not. It seems like only an act of God or Infinity Ward removing the gun completely will slow it down, but the developer is trying its best, so hopefully this patch will help a little bit.
For a look at everything that’s changing in Tuesday’s Modern Warfare patch, you can find the full patch notes below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11/19/2019 patch
- Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)
- CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled
- Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks (“Fix for various exploits”)
- Fix for the “Blue V” Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description
- Fix misspelling of “trophy”
- Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in
- Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in
The following challenges have been fixed:
- “Warrior’s Code”
- Officer progression “Launch Destroys”
- Officer progression “Heartbreaker”
- Officer progression ”Precision Airstrike”
- Officer progression: “Karma”
- Officer progression “Close and Personal”
- Increasing close range damage
- Increasing mid damage range and reduced chest multiplier
- Small reduction to base weapon damage range
- Significantly reduced the damage range added by attachments
- Small hips spread increase
- Reduced effective damage at the hip
- Slight reduction of damage range with all range-extending attachments
Source: Read Full Article