The Outer Worlds’ text gets bigger in new patch
Good news, for those squinting at the text in The Outer Worlds: Obsidian Entertainment released an update to its role-playing game that directly addresses that issue, plus other problems that some players had spotted since the game launched last month.
Patch 22.214.171.124 for The Outer Worlds adds a toggle to increase font size in conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text, according to patch notes published on the Obsidian forums.
The typeface for dialogue and subtitles has been called out by many players as way too small since day one. Here’s a good example:
Obsidian Entertainment/Private Division via Polygon
The patch will increase the text size as well as resolve glitches that crashed the game while in Tartarus, prevented players from finishing the “Radio Free Monarch” mission, and didn’t unlock a trophy/achievement (“Not the Best Choice”).
Patch 126.96.36.199 should also clear up a muffled sound effects issue on the PlayStation 4, and a problem where companions would die, causing a companion quest failure in modes other than Supernova.
“We are continually reviewing and working on items that you are sharing with us,” the developers say. “We will continue to work on updates and patches to see how we can make your gaming experience the best it can possibly be.” Those who still spot unresolved issues are invited to check this thread on The Outer Worlds forums, and if no player has mentioned it there, open a support ticket with publisher Private Division.
The Outer Worlds launched Oct. 25 on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One, and Obsidian said earlier this month that it’ll be coming to Nintendo Switch early next year.
Full patch notes are below.
Resolved Issues for Patch 188.8.131.52:
Top Community Requests:
- The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
- Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest
- Fix for “Radio Free Monarch” where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4
- The achievement/trophy for “It’s Not the Best Choice” will pop correctly
Source: Read Full Article